Thursday, March 16, 2017

5 Fandom Friday: Green Photo Challenge

Originally I wasn't going to take the time to post today because of a dentist appointment and getting ready for something tomorrow that is going to be the culmination of several months worth of waiting and hope (stay tuned for Monday's post because no matter the decision it will be the topic).  However, doing something like this sounded like it should be simple enough.

The five photos that I chose to share are neither new nor would I say they are entirely inspired by green but they all have green in them! I decided to take more of a 'wearing' green approach like happens on St. Patrick's Day, which is tomorrow anyway.




This photo was taken back in September of 2011 at the Badlands in South Dakota.  It apparently was the greenest that it had been in years.  So for what was probably my only time ever of being able to see the Badlands, it was definitely memorable and hence why I chose it to share.





I took this particular one last summer after my husband gave me a small lens kit for our anniversary to use with my smartphone.  I absolutely love taking macro photographs and immediately started looking for things to try the lens out on.  This is a clover bud that was in our backyard.  It's neat seeing something that is normally so small look almost larger than life.




Another macro that I took using the lens kit for my smart phone.  This one is of an aloe plant that my husband keeps.  It rather makes me think of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting because it looks quite abstract.




Here is one of our cat, Loki.  The little stuffed fish is a toy that my mother-in-law made and the cats absolutely love them.  Although here it looks more like Loki would love to kill the thing.




What is a post without a horse in it? More pointedly a picture of Cocoa.  When I think of green and horses I think of a horse out eating and frolicking in a pasture.  It further makes me think of the pure joy and freedom of watching the animals out in areas that are large enough for them to live like God made them.





2 comments:

  1. Love the aloe vera shot! Looks so good for something taken with a smart phone (even if it's with a macro lens). Needless to say, I like Cocoa too. And the picture of the South Dakota Badlands makes me want to travel! I've never been out of Europe...

    You've made me very curious at tomorrow's post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I've never been out of the US. I would love to see Europe and Japan.

      Hopefully you won't be too disappointed with it turning into at least a two parter. ^^

      Delete